Can you change injector styles on an LB7

turbogmc

POWER JUNKIE
I don't know too much about injectors but I have a fully built lb7 and have had injector issues already on a set of modified injectors. I was lucky with my old motor that came out of my truck (03 lb7) in which I never had any injector issues what so ever. Now that the new motor is built, I am sure it will get old really fast if I have problems like so many other lb7 owners if I start going through injectors especially if I have a lot of money in them from modifications. I have seen on here what supersonic has done with his p-pumped lbz project and I am more interested in that than anything but is there any other injectors (with modifications of injector bodies and or wiring of course) that can be used instead of the problematic lb7 injectors. For instance, making lly,lbz,lmm injectors work or injectors from any other diesel engine mechanical or common rail type? Thanks, Bret

We've been running LB7 injectors for a long time without issue. The first year of production there were issues but once those were changed out I believe they are as good as any of the later ones. The secret is keep good clean fuel in the system.

Thanks for the replies fellas, I just hear so many horror stories and it makes you wonder if you are just setting yourself up for imminent doom. Thanks again for the pep talk guys, Bret

Back