Canadian Diesel Nationals partners with Make a Wish Foundation

NHRDA

Three Wish Kids and their Families to Receive VIP Guided Tour at JB’s Canadian Diesel Shootout

Edmonton, AB (August 13th, 2011) –Some of the fastest diesel drag race trucks and drag race cars and dragsters will take center stage this Saturday, August 13th. 2011 for the
JB’s Canadian Diesel Nationals Shootout at Castrol Raceway, in support of Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Each year, Jim Bell, founder and general manager of JB’s Power Centre, provides an opportunity for families from Make-A-Wish eligible children to enjoy a VIP day at the Drag races. This year, three make a wish kids will come out with their families and friends to take in a full day of fun at the JB’s Power Centre drag suite that is situated above the starting line.

It is our pleasure to support the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and give these families a unique memorable experience. “Jim Bell explains. Randy Cole the director of NHRDA and myself will be giving the kids a guided tour of the race pits and introducing them to some of the feature race vehicles drivers and put them in the driver’s seat and take some pictures. and hopefully we can get each of the wish kids a ride down the quarter mile, in a real racecar.”

Make-A-Wish Foundation will have a booth set up and will be selling 50/50 tickets in the stands in hopes to exceed the $3,200 that was raised at the event last year.

“The Make-A-Wish family is so thankful to be a part of this fantastic event.” said Zahida Hudani of Make-A-Wish Foundation. “Having the kids involved really means a lot to them and their families. It is a really special and exciting day for them.”

Thanks NHRDA and JB's Power Center from all of us at MAW

IMG_9252.jpg

IMG_9247.jpg

Thats awsome glad to here make a wisk kids are coming again! The look on there faces when you let them sit in your truck for pictures is priceless!

I remember Gabrial (the boy in the photos). He seemed a little aprehensive at first about getting in the truck, but enjoyed it once he did it! These kids always remind me of what's really important in life.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Please everyone find it in your heart to donate to this great organization for my family was one of the lucky ones picked years ago, my sister god rest her soul was granted a wish, shortly after she passed. But I'll never forget how excited she was.

Again this is a great cause, they actually pass on the donatoons to those in need.

See you guys at the starting line

Does anybody know how much was raised??

It were was over $10,000 in the 50/50 pot and no one claimed the pot. Think they were going to put the winning # on their website. If no one comes forward the whole thing goes to the Make a Wish foundation I assume.

Last edited:
The NHRDA wants to personally thank the following companies for stepping up and donating to the Make a Wish foundation and helping raise over $11,000 dollars last weekend.

Martin from MBRP kicked off the event by putting up the first $500 to the Makw A Wish foundation and immediately Jim Bell owner of JB's Performance Center matched the donation and that opened up the flood gates and in minutes we raised over $5000 from our sponsors and the rest came from spectators and competitors throughout the day.

Here is list of companies that donated to MAW

MBRP Performance Exhaust $500.00
JB's Power Center $1000.00
FASS Fuel $1001.00
NADP $1000.00
BD Power $500.00
Armor Inc $1000.00

Again thanks to everyone for making this a great event for the Make A Wish Foundation

Back