Cannot get full pressure out of FASS

Turbonetics TQ

Turbonetics Turbochargers
I cannot seem to get more than 30psi out of my FASS. I have the spring that is supposed to be for 50 psi. I have tried playing around with springs in the overflow valve with no increase in pressure(if I leave the spring and ball out it will still be at 30psi). If I pinch the line that returnes from the FASS to the filler neck pressure will set right at 50psi. Do I need to put a fuel pressure regulator on the return from the injection pump?

I left my 15psi spring in place and just put a gate valve in the return line and cranked it down some. Pressure sits at 27.5-30psi. My gauge only goes to 30psi so I haven't bothered trying to get more out of it. I did this on the advice of diesel-dan.

Which model is it? I had a 150 and was advised to go to the 200 to get the 42 psi I wanted for my p-pump. Diesel-Dan told me not to go with the spring/150, and to go with a 200 gph pump on my 150 housing/filter assembly.

I bought a new 150 FASS for the p-pump(50psi). I have never had a problem with the overflow bleading down overnight or even over a week. Truck always fires right up.

Check for small leaks in the lines, then go and add a shim into the return valve on the pump.