Can't boost over 25psi????

gavngrav

Last couple of days I cannot get this thing to boost over 25psi. Normally tops out around 60. Have not found any boost leaks and have used two different boost gauges. SSR at 13/20/13low and 30/45/30high tune. Truck runs smooth, just cant build any boost!!:soap:

Any suggestions. Tuner,leak,Head gasket???

have you tried pressurizing the piping with the engine off? sounds like you have something leaking once you hit 25 psi. the other thing is what boost fooler are you using? try cleaning your sensor.

oh and knowing what type of truck it is will also help.

yep it could be a # of things. checking for boost leaks is hard when you cant duplicate major boost in the drive way. try soaping all the connections. also check the intake gasket, wastegate and then i would make sure you are not running out of fuel

there is a way to pressurize your piping without the engine running you just need to use some pvc fittings with a air hose connection and ball valve with a pressure gauge. i'll see if i can find a picture of my friends setup. it is like a 3.5 or 4 in diameter piece of pvc with a end cap drilled and taped for a 1/4 in piece of piping with a gauge ball valve and air hose connection. attach it to the inlet of the turbo and pressurize the entire system. I had and issue like this I could build only 15 lbs of boost and it was the cover on the intake plenum had one loose bolt.

i understand what you are saying, i do the same thing with atv snorkels before i hand them over to a customer. just a PVC cap with a rubber tipped air gun attatched to it