Cant read boost with edge

DaveLjr

LB7
I have a edge insight cts monitor and it reads to 22 psi but no higher! I know my boost preasure is lot more than that. Any ideas?

Are you positive it is ? Do you have a PPE boost increase valve or anything?
Welcome to CompD ! Do us a favor and fill out your signature so we can better help you .

Are you positive it is ? Do you have a PPE boost increase valve or anything?
Welcome to CompD ! Do us a favor and fill out your signature so we can better help you .

Sorry...il get it filled out soon! Back to the question...yea i just got this monitor n just built the motor and am running a 2.8 /71mm turbo so it should be around 50 psi! U think the factory boost sensor dont read that high?

IIRC the factory boost sensor will only ready to 22psi.

IIRC the factory boost sensor will only ready to 22psi.

Ok i was starting to think that was the problem! U know if there r any after market sensors that would read higher? guess i should have just kept regular guages.

I think that's correct. I'm guessing since you' built it you have EFIlive ? If so maybe you can rescale the sensor to read higher.

edge is supposed to be coming out with a true boost gauge that can be added on, just like the egt gauge they have. They just came out with a turbo timer add on, so I'm sure the true boost gauge is not that far off

edge is supposed to be coming out with a true boost gauge that can be added on, just like the egt gauge they have. They just came out with a turbo timer add on, so I'm sure the true boost gauge is not that far off

Edge just came with the opption to get ur true boost hooked up! :woohoo:

How does that K29 compare to the Garrett you had?

K29? I dont know turbos real good but i think its based off s300. like some uro style?! Maybe we r on the same page....anyway i do like it its a little slow at lightin but gets r done! The garret was very fast spoolin n had no problems with it! I didnt dyno after my big fuel pump! want to buy the garret? u need one for ur lb7!

K29? I dont know turbos real good but i think its based off s300. like some uro style?! Maybe we r on the same page....anyway i do like it its a little slow at lightin but gets r done! The garret was very fast spoolin n had no problems with it! I didnt dyno after my big fuel pump! want to buy the garret? u need one for ur lb7!
With proper tuning you can get a S400 to spool good enough to tow a trailer. S300s are super easy to spool.

With proper tuning you can get a S400 to spool good enough to tow a trailer. S300s are super easy to spool.

Its easy good enough to tow with! its a 1.10ar so that prolly slows it up a little. I was just always use to instint boost but the more i run it the faster it seems

Its easy good enough to tow with! its a 1.10ar so that prolly slows it up a little. I was just always use to instint boost but the more i run it the faster it seems

Sounds like it's time to give the dinosaur a tweak. LOL