Cargo Lamp Circuit

SITE TECH

I recently installed a backrack on my 08 mega. I moved my strobe to the back rack, but now I would like to install 2 lights on it to light up bed and off road tank. I don't want to run a second circuit or switch from the dash. Has anyone tapped into the cargo lamp wiring in or under the back of the cab ?
From another message board I heard that the swich in the dash is only a signal to the insterment cluster, that powers the cargo lamp. Is there a harness under or inside the back off the cab to tap so I can use the factory dash switch. With out screwing something up.

Thanks

I recently installed a backrack on my 08 mega. I moved my strobe to the back rack, but now I would like to install 2 lights on it to light up bed and off road tank. I don't want to run a second circuit or switch from the dash. Has anyone tapped into the cargo lamp wiring in or under the back of the cab ?
From another message board I heard that the swich in the dash is only a signal to the insterment cluster, that powers the cargo lamp. Is there a harness under or inside the back off the cab to tap so I can use the factory dash switch. With out screwing something up.

Thanks

i dont see why not just trace it from the dash. just watch that you dont over load it may cause more headache than its worth.