catalyst 90% full

Mudn_1

Sweet Home
I keep getting this message in the overhead message center....and I realize its the DPF which i full or showing full, but check engine light is on and power is way down...... are there any ways to clean it? or does have to be hacked off or replaced?

truck is an 08' and has around 60k.... I am trying to avoid taking it to dealer for warranty work.....

It started this when the batteries went bad, i replaced batteries it went away and ran 100% better, then I drove 2hrs to atlanta and back, and it came on and started this chit again.......

while that is good info, It moms truck and the powertrain is under warranty, so she doesn't want to do anything that will void it for the time being, just looking for other options on cleaning and whatnot

Take it for a 20-30 minute drive at highway speeds at close or over 2000rpm and the message should go away, it just needs to regenerate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does anyone actually read? I drove over 4hrs at over 60..... actually upwards of 80mph

does anyone actually read? I drove over 4hrs at over 60..... actually upwards of 80mph

I had same problem with mine. At 12k miles. Dealer replaced DPF, at 21k same chit. Then at 30k. I took it to a buddy of mine. He said your driving too damn easy on it. Give it hell and it will fix it. We took it off and blew all that crap out of it. 130 psi or so- air only. Drove it another 70k or so with no problem, then took it off at 100. I spoke to a Semi-Truck shop about mine. They told me that they remove and clean out all the dpf's on the big rigs. Been doing it for years. Unless it's cracked it can be cleaned. I can't remember if he said there was a solution u cld use for the Cummins. I just decided to use air and see how that worked. He even said there was a co. that's certified to clean them out. Anyway, hope it helps, doesn't take but 30 min's to try it anyway, so not a big loss. You'll stand in line longer than that at the dealer.