catcher sw w/timing or not using meth

tirefrier

Coal Train conductor
can someone tell me if I should be running even #s when using a good amount of meth. Right now its only like 15/20% meth the rest water and I usually run the odd numbers. With the EZ and the smarty and meth I though it might be to much timing cause of the amount of fuel being introduced. Any info appreciated.

Ive talked with several alcohol injection companies and they have stated that the amount of timing increase with a 50/50 mix isnt really all that signifigant. They wouldnt tell me exact #'s but if all your running is 20% you will be fine.

What nozzels are you running and what HP level are you at?

the more meth concentrate you run the more volume you can throw at it. water doesn't compress. running too much volume with too much water will cause the excess pressure to go somewhere and it will be through the headgasket.

the timing is nothing to worry about. run smarty on 9. just becareful with the nozzel sizes and meth mixtures.

you are better off running smaller nozzels with a 10-20% meth mixture generally... and the bigger nozzels with a 50% meth.

also note that if you engage the water/meth and hear a really bad distinct 'timiing' type sound get out of it. that is a bad sound and is more than likely quenching. quenching means you need to up your meth concentrate, reduce overall volume, and/or adjust when the spray comes on.

good luck.

Camotanker said:
What nozzels are you running and what HP level are you at?

the more meth concentrate you run the more volume you can throw at it. water doesn't compress. running too much volume with too much water will cause the excess pressure to go somewhere and it will be through the headgasket.

I am running a 625ml and a 325ml as recommended by snow performance for a 400-450 hp application. I ve got the spray to engage at 25#s and full spray at 50#s. Does this seem right to you or am I running it dangerously.

I have been using 2 / 625's with a 50/50 mix and have have not had any issues running Smarty 4.4 on #7 with EZ on high setting.