Caterpillar 5EK

05hummincummins

smoked ya
Im looking for a 550hp serial number for a 5ek. I just bought a 95 pete w a blowed head gasket n wanna make sure it has the 550hp pistons in it. Truck has pdi ecm, 58 injectors, 600 cam, and a hybrid pittsburgh power turbo. I plan on have the block checked and counter bores cut if needed. Replace liners and just put new rings on the old pistons if they are the correct ones
Thanks in advance....

Check with jfaulkner or SmokinCAT, they are very knowledgable electronic Cat guys. You can find them in the General Diesel section under the "Truckers Lets see your rigs" thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im looking for a 550hp serial number for a 5ek. I just bought a 95 pete w a blowed head gasket n wanna make sure it has the 550hp pistons in it. Truck has pdi ecm, 58 injectors, 600 cam, and a hybrid pittsburgh power turbo. I plan on have the block checked and counter bores cut if needed. Replace liners and just put new rings on the old pistons if they are the correct ones
Thanks in advance....
If the pistons have steel tops and double oilers your good, other than that Chinese Pitts turbo. Bruce was selling knock off's like Bully Dog for a while.

Yea it does have steel top pistons and also has the 2 lines on the piston squirter. The turbo from my understanding is a mix between a holset and a borg. I have always ran the s480 on my other stuff with the 96 mm ex wheel and 1.32 housing. Maybe ill switch this on over

Only holset that would be comparable is a HX60, dont by into the BS, there is nothing hybrid about it.

Lol. Im not a holset fan. I appreciate the info. Wld u know what cam shaft this is. Its a 332-7301.