cel comes on 2 codes please help

ak237

i have had the truck for 2 months now its a 2005 6.0 has it has 87,000 miles stock turbo daily driver. has every thing done to it fass pump, intake, banks iner-cooler and ram, studs, turbo back exhaust, sct programmer. in the past 2 weeks i have had 2 codes poping up multiple times over the past 4,000 miles the first one is p0401 the egr valve. the second one is p0299 low turbo pressure. i cleaned the egr valve off a week ago. it wasn't that dirty when i pulled it out no chunks of carbon only light build up.the valve and cooler where replaced at 65,000. the egr code only comes on when running a stock tune. the p0299 code only comes on when running any other tune on any of the sct tunes. there is no power loss or smoke when either of the codes come up. the dealer wont work with me since all the after market stuff( they dont know abought the programer). please help me trying to fix this ASAP.

there just the pre made tunes economy tow and preformance. it ran fine for a month and a half no lights. then the light just started comeing on.

First off, get some custom tunes for that thing!

EGR delete might be a good idea...

The turbo code sounds like sticking vanes on the turbo to me. Since the dealer wont help, I'd try and clean it first.

How do you drive the truck? How often do you drive it? Does it ever sit for a few days at a time?

the truck never sits more than a day with out being driven. some times ill drive it hard some times ill take it easy. i go from 8-9,000 feet elivation to below sea level all the time. whats wird is the turbo code only comes on when running any tune that isnt stock and the egr code only comes on when its on the stock tune. the two never come on together. i was able to go 500 miles the other day befor the tubo code came on. it never looses power or acts up when they come on. could the egr or any other sensor be setting off the low turbo presure.

Look on their website. Or is it the custom tunes that are messed up?

Back