changing a fuel filter (yes i know its newb)

Smoker17

sPoolinfOol
I have a 98 24v, has 83k on it and the fuel filter has never been changed, im about to change it. Is there anyting special about hcangein it other htan opening it up pulling the old one out and puting the new one in? Is it self priming? do I have to bleed something first? or fill the canister with diesel before i add the new filter? i know this is newb.

tia

SMoker

People all have different ideas of how to do it. I do mine just like you said take off the cap pull the old one and put in the new one . I used to drain the bowl and then bleed it all back out but found it works just as well not to do all that.

Smoker17 said:
I have a 98 24v, has 83k on it and the fuel filter has never been changed, im about to change it........

:aiwebs_029: :confused: :aiwebs_029: :confused: :aiwebs_029:

RacinDuallie said:
:aiwebs_029: :confused: :aiwebs_029: :confused: :aiwebs_029:

yeah i know i bought it from my pap he has never changed it, thanks for the info guys.:ylsuper:

Fleetguard or Wix are the two best IMHO, Fleetguard can be picked up at any Cummins dealer and Carquest and NAPA stores carry the Wix filters as their store brands IIRC.

Basically, go by a NAPA and pick one up, it's the easiest way to do it.

Billys said it, go to NAPA. Thay are cheap too, every 10k from here on OK:Cheer:

Last edited: