Cheapest Programmer to run with Deletes?

gecoveyc

Diesel Nut
Sorry to ask such a newb question but I stay away from the 6.7s as much as possible and couldn't answer this question myself for a buddy and couldn't find the exact answer I was looking for after 30 minutes of searching.

Ran into a friend of mine at the auction this morning who just took a 2008 6.7l Cummins as a trade in last week. Apparently it has all the deletes done but the customer that traded it in set whatever programmer he had back to stock and kept the programmer. He said the truck won't come out of limp mode.

I told him all he needs is a cheap programmer to make it run right with the deletes so he can get it sold. That's why I have come to you guys.

What is the cheapest programmer that will make the truck run right with the deletes so he can put it out on his lot and sell it?

I looked into Hypertech and Superchips because they are cheap but I've heard they only keep the CEL light off for a little while and then it comes back. Not sure if that is true or not. I know a Smarty Junior or H&S would work but I'm just trying to figure out if there is a cheaper programmer out there that will make the truck run right and turn the CEL light off so he can sell it. He's prolly going to leave it on stock he just needs it out of limp mode and the light turned off.

Thanks in advance for any and all help. Once again sorry for the stupid question. Just didn't want to steer this guy in the wrong direction

Smarty Jr. can be had for like $500 and that seems like the best route for this guy. I hope he didnt have much invested in the trade, with a truck in limp mode.

The cheapest route is to get some dummy plugs from h&s but the cel will stay on, not sure if its the same with used car dealers but iv heard dealerships can get some big time fines for selling a truck with emissions removed, I'd say his safest bet would be to try and find a system to put back on the truck...

I too have heard that it is a huge fine for removing the emissions stuff and they're actually starting to crack down on it on the 2011-and newer. I don't believe the dealership can be fined for selling a vehicle without the emissions on it as long as it is announced at the point of the sale and the customer signs off on the "AS IS-NO WARRANTY" sheets, which is required anyways. Thanks for the info guys I will relay it to the dealer. Sounds like grabbing a smarty Jr. out of the classifieds is going to be his best bet

I just deleted the egr, egr cooler, dpf/cat, on a 09 dodge 6.7L
Installed a smarty jr and I have 5 egr codes and the dpf indicator is saying it's full, why would it be doing this?
Programming not right???

When i deleted all of mine i ran smarty s67 and ts mp8. I didnt run into any codes

And now im sellin both of those. So if your buddy wants a programer pm me

I just deleted the egr, egr cooler, dpf/cat, on a 09 dodge 6.7L
Installed a smarty jr and I have 5 egr codes and the dpf indicator is saying it's full, why would it be doing this?
Programming not right???

what software version?

Can't remember I had to download it off of Mads website!!!!

Do they make a software file that will solve my problems???

You have the "S" version software. The "28ME" is correct for offroad use

Someone on one of the diesel boards made a real cheap cheat from stuff at radio shack, i believe his cost was a total of $45, just need to find that guy and his thread and he has all the soldering and what diodes and all to use...

Im not good with all that type of electrical stuff but i wish i had bookmarked that info. . .

Smarty Jr/ME is the way to go. I picked mine up used for less than $400.00