check engine bulb replacement

csutton7

does anyone know if you can change the bulb for the check engine light--after 10yrs approximately 130,000 mile of being constantly "ON" the thing has burned out---man was I happy--anyway now for this phucked up smog chit here in CA I need the thing to work---so can it be swapped out or do I need a new instrument cluster or jury rig something---any help would be appreciated....chris

Chris if you cannot swap out the light I have a compete gauge cluster you can have. Just give me an address and it will be on the way.

Hoss--thanks, I'll be in touch...

odieub--I had my cluster out of my 99 durango some time ago for something--I think I unplugged the check engine light to try and sneak it past the smog tech, but he caught me, so I had to plug it back in and fix some sensor--anyway I just can't remember if the bulb was LED or not and it was a 99 also, but for some reason I think it may have been, but lord knows I have a few brain cells that are slightly out of orbit and I could be way wrong---I will find out for sure in the near future though---chris