Check engine light.

BruceO

I just bought this truck 2 weeks ago and put 1700 miles on it.it had 40000 miles on it when i bought it.i was driving down the highway and all of a sudden the check engine light comes on and stays on.the truck seems to be running fine but i was just wondering what could cause the light to come on..its a 06 king ranch 6.0l with auto.
thanks

BruceO said:
I just bought this truck 2 weeks ago and put 1700 miles on it.it had 40000 miles on it when i bought it.i was driving down the highway and all of a sudden the check engine light comes on and stays on.the truck seems to be running fine but i was just wondering what could cause the light to come on..its a 06 king ranch 6.0l with auto.
thanks

take it to the dealer and have them check it out.

dj.:evil

Could be a good number of issues that cause a CEL
You need to pull the code to find out the problem. An XCal2 or some other programmers can read DTC's.
If you don't have anything to read the code, places like Autozone will do this for you for free

Ok,thanks,,i bought an extended warranty for it..i hope it cover whatever they find.my luck it wont..lol

fight them/ dealers are pricks... my truck was running fine and my light came on.... i took it to the dealer and the turbo needed replaced. it could be anything. good luck

Got it checked out.the code showed fuel leveling circuit manfuction.had em clear it since the fuel guage works.if it comes back on ill have to see whats up with that.thanks again