check enginne light in my 6.7

baddodges

operator
hey ive been on ither websites like this but this one has a hell of allot more people in it. i own a o7.5 megacab with the 6.7 with 13,000mi the last few months the dang check engine will come on and stay on i do a system check and it says system ok its done this a few times , i had a 02 sensor changed is it possible for it to go out this soon, or could it be a prob woth the stupid dpf.is a delete kit worth it and is it easy to install.any advice would be helpful thanks. p.s how can i reset or clear the check engine light.:bang:bang

Welcome to the site!

I moved this to the correct tech area, think you'll get a few more responses here, carry on :D

sory i goofed my son is also enlisted to go in next summer.god bless our servicemen.

hey ive been on ither websites like this but this one has a hell of allot more people in it. i own a o7.5 megacab with the 6.7 with 13,000mi the last few months the dang check engine will come on and stay on i do a system check and it says system ok its done this a few times , i had a 02 sensor changed is it possible for it to go out this soon, or could it be a prob woth the stupid dpf.is a delete kit worth it and is it easy to install.any advice would be helpful thanks. p.s how can i reset or clear the check engine light.:bang:bang

Usually if you can find an Auto Zone they can read and clear codes. Try turning the Key on and off three times the code should come up in the odometer. YES YES YES the deletes are worth it. Can't express how much better the truck will run when done. Better fuel econ too. and with the EGR blocked you will have nice clean oil too.. :rockwoot:

Oops, Sorry, I need to update the sig. Yes, I run the Juice with Att. Usually I keep it on the #3 level. Also I have noticed that my fuel economy has really leveled off. I have just turned over 20k miles and it doesn't seem to matter if I am playing around town or taking it easy. It would get 9 around town when new. After EGR delete it gets about 11. I don't use the over head either. I do the math. On highway I went from 13.5 to a Solid 16 after doing the deletes.
I know it is a tough decision for most due to warrantee issues. But after experiencing the difference in performance and every time I pull the dipstick and see how much cleaner the oil is I know it will make this truck last a lot longer. I will reinstall all my exhaust when it comes time for testing. Well worth the time and money saved.

thier is a G30 recall that replaces a bad sensor on these trucks have you had that recall done yet? if so you may want to check into that, thats what was causing my truck to do the same thing.