chevy/cummins conv Q's

98Slushbox

You guys out there that have done a 80's model cummins swap, what driveshaft and u-joints did you use? I used a dodge driveshaft but before i realized it i had the driveshaft lengthened and ready to put in and the yoke on the 14 bolt is too small. Any suggestions?

I thought all of those were bailed, or rusting in smokin 5.7s driveway?

You guys out there that have done a 80's model cummins swap, what driveshaft and u-joints did you use? I used a dodge driveshaft but before i realized it i had the driveshaft lengthened and ready to put in and the yoke on the 14 bolt is too small. Any suggestions?

I had our local spicer dealer get me a 1410 yoke. then had him put in all NON greasable u-joints. they probably used the 1410 joints. but you would have to ask them for sure.

i just slipped the dodge yoke on the chevy shaft. that is if you have the slide yoke on the shaft.

p.s. sledpuller can't make jokes on junk now can he.

My truck is a 79. Will a Dana 80 yoke fit right on a 14 bolt? didnt know if splines were the same on pinion shaft. My driveshaft is all complete from the slip yoke back to the rear end u-joint.
bowtied- you just ordered a direct replacement yoke for a 14 bolt that takes a 1410 u-joint?

My truck is a 79. Will a Dana 80 yoke fit right on a 14 bolt? didnt know if splines were the same on pinion shaft. My driveshaft is all complete from the slip yoke back to the rear end u-joint.
bowtied- you just ordered a direct replacement yoke for a 14 bolt that takes a 1410 u-joint?

Lance Call Driveshaft s Unlimitide 363-296-2841They are reasonable that is were I get all my driveshafts done they will get you set up.

Dale

Back