Chevy or Dodge- better truck?

dieseldad13

Hey guys- I need some input and advice with my truck.
I have a 1998.5 Ram 5.9L, 2500 Cummins 24v, two wheel drive, auto, QC extra cab. Some mild mods like straight pipe, AFE intake, Fass ddrp, leveling kit, Diablosport Powerpuck and some other odds and ends.

I'm looking at a potential trade for a 1998 Chevy 3500 dually, 4x4, crew cab, auto with a 6.5L.

Basically want to know if this is a good trade to take. I don't know much about the Chevy 6.5 diesels.
I like the extra room with the 4 full doors on the Chevy since I now have children. Also I have been wanting to run biodiesel- something like a b40 or
b60 mixture and have heard the 24V Cummins dont tolerate it very well.

I am getting around 17 mpg from my Cummins all city driving (backroads) and wonder if the Chevy is better or worse. Also is the Chevy as durable and will it tolerate biodiesel better than the Cummins?

What do you guys think is the better truck with my considerations. I use my truck as a daily driver and it isnt a puller or track truck- just my daily ride.
What advice can you guys throw out to me???

Thanks for all of the help---
J Mac

The 6.5 makes the 6.0 look like the best running diesel ever made IMO. Get the Dodge.

Im a chevy guy but would have to say the cummins is the better motor. The 6.5 could run 200k miles if its taken care of n u dont pull trailer to often n just highway drivin. They should get as good mpg as the cummins.

Back