choosing a tranny

cumminspower88

i need some feedback on which route to take. i drove destination's truck and was pretty impressed with his built goerend. but i was also thinking along the lines of suncoast. i have also come across an allison automatic out of a cummins powered spotter truck for pretty cheap. i am pretty sure it will bolt right up, i am aware that it most likely wont fit in the tranny tunnel, but if anybody knows about any mods or anything in general about this conversion please let me know!

What year is your truck, what mods do you have, what are your plans or goals?

Alot of the allisons that bolt right to the cummins I think have a 1:1 top gear. No OD.

stage 6 bullydog injectors. dr.performance stage 3, superchips, 4in. turbo back, afe intake.

Yeah no over drive or lock up, something like that.

My HTS has held 1374 hp +2500 ft/lbs and destroyed many BFGs and loves it.

I have had great luck with the Goerends stuff. I have beat on it for 3 years. No issues.

thats what i was thinkin. but i havent had any experience with any of the others so i figured why not see

Goerend's is the only company that I know of that will let you swap out converters if your first one is to loose or too tight, for no charge . Just the shipping of each converter. Plus their lifetime warranty.

My buddy paroxysym on here had a VB issue with his GB tranny, Dave sent him a new one, and paid dzlfarmboy to install it for him. Thats customer service if you ask me!

I love my Goerand Tranny...I think it needs gone through, but I love it none the less. Also i may have a Full billet Suncoust I might have to sell.

I was going to run the Goerend...but ended up getting a fully done DTT from a friend...so i went that route....I have heard great things about both and i wouldnt hesitate to put either behind my truck. :)

What Allison can you get? The AT 545 are the most common and you can pick up for a 300 dollar area. But aren't worth **** in racing or anything fun. They are cheap to buy, cheap to fix, and easy to work on though. I'm with everyone else just go with Dave.

i can pick up the allison for $150. but it needs rebuilt. i was thinkin it would probally be better goin with goerend, reliability, performance, and waranty.

Your from Mansfield , ohio? If so your not too far from Redline diesel power. Karl can build you a very stout tranny. Great guy to work with too. Link to his site and contact info is in my sig.