Chugging in low rpms

zfaylor

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Alright I have researched this until my eyes are bleeding. I had my 175 pump take a chit on me with a sticking plunger. Bought a 180 pump local off of a buddy. Came off of a running truck. Set my timing to 23*. It runs like crap below 1800 rpms. Chugs and shakes the truck like a bich. Above that it scoots pretty well and smooth as can be.

Fuel pressure is 55psi so I can't see it being a bad OFV.

Timing issue?

I re did the governer springs a few times now thinking it was governor bounce. I am at a loss and getting pretty pissed.

My truck does the same thing as well you can hardly take of in it i assumed it was go veneers

Make sure your throttle linkage return springs are not loose or haven't fallen off. also, if an auto, make sure your tv lever return spring is in place. I've had both cause this. May need to loosen governor spring tension a little if the above does not solve. Also, make sure your transmission mount is not loose or torn.

Sorry guys forgot to come back and update. My problem ended up being a dam DV washer. It was silver instead of the usual copper so I didn't see it in there when I looked last. It was all jacked up causing it not to seal. Runs buttery smooth and has a lottttt better power now.