classes of pulling

seeker1056

gear head
what does it mean when they allow only a 2.3 or 2.8 or whatever? is that inducer housing entry size?
here it is weight class, and either single turbo that will mount to the stock type intake - no adapters of any kind, (pro-steet) and a twin turbo class (promod) that has a max inducer hole size of 3" on the big turbo
thanx

I'm pretty sure its the inducer they are measuring. For example an Aurora 5000 is a 2.8 Turbo (on the inlet). The most popular classes i've seen is a "stock", 2.5, 2.6, 2.8 and then 3.0. They also give the classes a weight rule to. Perhaps someone else can chime in incase im wrong here

what does it mean when they allow only a 2.3 or 2.8 or whatever? is that inducer housing entry size?
here it is weight class, and either single turbo that will mount to the stock type intake - no adapters of any kind, (pro-steet) and a twin turbo class (promod) that has a max inducer hole size of 3" on the big turbo
thanx

Yup, Inducer size (problably going to be measured with a 2.810 slug this year. ProMod has a max inducer bore size of 3" but you can bush that to 3" from what ever size of charger you want to try to run.

Thinking of pulling up here (Ontairo) this year in ProMod??? The more the better. Looking to get at least 7 trucks out if all goes well. Should be intresting year for sure. Our tracks are so different that the big HP guys are going to dominate on the tight tracks and then fall behind on the stone dust...all I did last year was blow out the tires!!!

Are you still running the Ford conversion or are you looking at a Dodge (rules don't alow conversions on Pro-Street) so kind of puts you in the big class. I have heard you have some power anyway!!!!! Don't think you would have a problem.

Ryan

Hp - mmm maybe lol

Hey Ryan - lets put it this way - on street tires and no posi traction either end, and 2000 lb lite I was only a few feet behind the pro-streets in Ennismore - but then I am told I know a weee bit about settin up a pulltruck , what with 15 yrs experience and bein past vice pres of the association n all,,,.... lol:hehe:

Unless things change in the now ridiculous rules for Promod, I am just playin local again this year as far as I know, as I aint cookin in no firesuit that jus plain aint needed, and I am not exchangin my hard aluminum sfi tranny covers for a blanket so i can cook my trans - just cuz sumbody dont know that there are more than one kinda proper saftey equipment and likes NTPA rules - not to mention they dont make a proper full blanket for a C6 that I can find

So maybe I will hook in promod the once per season that I am allowed and just see what she can do after all my motor mods are done next month :st:

Bite yur tounge : build a dodge? - I have the best of both worlds - the best make of truck with the best kinda motor lmao rotf, lolololol

Last edited:
Unless things change in the now ridiculous rules for Promod, I am just playin local again this year as far as I know, as I aint cookin in no firesuit that jus plain aint needed, and I am not exchangin my hard aluminum sfi tranny covers for a blanket so i can cook my trans - just cuz sumbody dont know that there are more than one kinda proper saftey equipment and likes NTPA rules - not to mention they dont make a proper full blanket for a C6 that I can find

So maybe I will hook in promod the once per season that I am allowed and just see what she can do after all my motor mods are done next month :st:

Bite yur tounge : build a dodge? - I have the best of both worlds - the best make of truck with the best kinda motor lmao rotf, lolololol

From what everyone tells me I have the best of both worlds with my Cummins/GMC conversion!!! LOL.

Just so you know in advance....you can't hook Pro-Mod once per year like they alow you to now in Prostreet.

I am sure most on here will agree that the rules for ProMod (old Super Street) are reasonable and not ridiculous.

Each to there own as far as what you think about the rules...personally my single layer firesuit was a warm welcome at every pull last year when we would only get to pull at 11pm (september nights can get a little cool up here)

As far as your trany...Prove its SFI and you may be ok. If not I am sure you could make the Dodge Auto blanket work...infact I have one sitting here that is no longer in use that will go for cheap.

About the rules in ProMod...not sure how you find these ridiculous. I am right in the middle power wise as the Super Stocks and the 4x4 Mods...do you find there saftey stuff ridiculous? I am pushing 1000hp and let me tell you...on the tracks I am sure glad I have the saftey stuff. Sure, I doubt I will need the Firesuit in the diesel truck but its nice to have a trany blanket and working air kill as well as all the other gear I have on my truck.

Stick to the bush pulls if you want...but please if you don't already put an Air Kill on that thing...My worst fear is a run away and no way for the sled to stop you.

RyanB

Last edited:
Hey Ryan
Let me be very clear - as the past vice president and the insurance rep of one of our clubs and a 12 year veteran of the SuperStock wars, and the main wrench still, behind one of the current SuperStocks - I have the utmost respect for rules.

Its just the "blanket only" rule and the fire suit I have issue with - its not alky or gas were runnin.

A single layer fire suit is good for about ten to fifteen seconds in most instances, and causes more issues (stickin to u) in event of a fire than they prevent - thats my issue with them.

Unless things have changed since i read the rule book last year - anyone can hook in any class once so long as they have the majority of the safety equipment

Yes I have all the normal safety equipment such as shields n fuel and air shut offs - I like my feet, and my motor

and my tranny stuff is properly installed TCI SFI approved flywheel and tranny shields - however my solid steel flywheel is not sfi as they don't make such a thing for the fummins. Having seen most of the SFI flywheels out there I would stack my flywheel up against them any day as stronger as its not full of holes liek yours are.

It is also highly unlikely that my flywheel at 3400 rpm could escape or blow through two inches of solid aluminum transmission adaptor and then the sfi shield after that anyways

I am a great beleiver in
safety" equipment installed as per manufacturers specifications - but its just liek your offer now - a dodge blanket doesnt fit properly on a C6 and hence wont do the job intended - but I have been told my hard shields that were designed for the C6 and fit properly and are good enough for the highest hp NHRA racing are unacceptable in our clubs.

Best truck - a GM, now I be rollin on the floor :poke::ft:

Go figure

Ken

Last edited:
oops - forgot one of the really, really, stupid rules in promod that irks me

In pro mod diesel you must have a SFI balancer (no issue there) and then you must cover the whole thing in a steel shield? (How do i run my accessory belt with the rules compliant shield)?

This in a motor that can only turn maybe 5000 rpm and most are turnin 4000 rpm or less

So I can run in super stock or modified 4x4 ( or run any other organization like ahra nhra etc) and turn 9000 rpm with just a sfi balancer and dont need no additional metal shield

Whats with that ???

Does a diesel blow up a balancer any different than a gasser?

Things that make you go hmmmmm.....:bang:rules::rules::rules:

Last edited:
I agree with you on that one!!!! Heath put that rule in there when wanting to go to unlimited RPM this winter. As much as I don't like it though in a way it makes sense. The dodge dampners are just bolted on (not pressed onto the crank like many others) so if you were to some how snap the bolts off you would then have an SFI balancer going thru the air.

Its not hard to do and I will make a slot for when I check and adjust my timing and just drill and tap it for my tach sensor pickup.

RyanB

Actually it makes no sense at all - pressed on balancers are the ones that fail, all gasser engines are bolted on and is a requirement of most sanctioning bodies today , and so what is Heath thinkin - he will be the first to turn 6000+ rpm in any kinda motor - its been done and doen that an no issues gasser n diesel - jus look at the diesel dragsters - u see one of those sill yshields on those? not on yur life

its my age old complaint - rules that fly in the face of proven safety solutions
:rules:

Last edited:
Sfi balancer maybe but a SFI balancer and a shield??? That is kinda overkill. I have has balancers come aprts at 8500 but never an aftermarket one I run fluid dapmer on my 9000rpm small block and have for a few years with no explosions and the only ones I have seen have a problem are the ones with A high helix or a 14-17 blower driven off of them. Tanny blanket bad idea when pulling holds in to much heat saftey shields will hold the same amount of force a blanket is ok for drag racing but not for pulls. They do make a blanket for a c6 but its frickin expensive.

Hey Guys,

To my own defense here, I Never added the balancer shielding to to rules, It was suppose to be there since the class came in, That was COTPA's doing.

Thanks

Heath

Back