Clutch Bleeding!! AHHHH

Coasterman

coastn'
Ok so I'm working on installing an NV4500 in my buddies 2001 2wd dually... my "helper" decides to step on the clutch pedal while the slave is still dangling, not attached to the bell housing....pop the thing pops apart and blows fluid out on the floor :bang ...move forward 5 hours, not only am I still trying to find a place to hide my "helpers" now dead body :evil but i'm also trying to bleed a sealed system with little to no success...anyone been here before, maybe got a roadmap outta this mess?? how do i bleed the clutch slave clyinder...help...

Last edited:
Remove the entire system from the truck, clamp the fluid reservoir in a vise, hold the slave cylinder above the reservoir and slowly push the slave cylinder in and let it out until you see no more air bubbles. Make sure the reservoir stays full or else you'll be back to square one.

Remove the entire system from the truck, clamp the fluid reservoir in a vise, hold the slave cylinder above the reservoir and slowly push the slave cylinder in and let it out until you see no more air bubbles. Make sure the reservoir stays full or else you'll be back to square one.

agree, you can leave it installed in the truck, just take the slave out of the bellhousing and push in and out until you quit getting bubbles, slowly or you will push all the fluid out the top!

agree, you can leave it installed in the truck, just take the slave out of the bellhousing and push in and out until you quit getting bubbles, slowly or you will push all the fluid out the top!

Thanks...I know its easier to just buy a new one.. I followed your advice and IT WORKED!! Took a bit short of forever to get all the bubbles out..man i just kept pumping it...took a break and kept pumping again..Thanks again:woohoo:

No problem! i had to change slaves one time and figure it out