Clutch coming apart

georgboy

I noticed that I had a piece of metal not sure what it is. It looks like a slug or button from the clutch no unusual sounds and the tranny seems to shift fine, the clutch is not slipping or anything either. I just wondered if I should pull the tranny or not to investigate it. Any thoughts on what it migh be? I have the 3600 DD with the finger type diaphram.[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• clutch diaphram.jpg
    clutch diaphram.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 26
i would say its a piece of something from the clutch disc hub.. nothing on the PP to really come apart.. but if the clutch plate gets stressed or worn out stuff will start making an exit.. your call if you want to pull the trans, I would..

no idea what the first pic is showing...

I'd call whoever you got it from and alert them of the possible issue and see what they say

ok after re-reading im confused.. is it a diaphragm PP (radial springy fingers) or is it a borg and beck PP (4 levers)

In the 2nd thumbnail, it appears as though the entire clutch has exited the bellhousing...

Lol no it's still in the truck. Hey but that's a pic of the one in there haha. The piece in the tranny seems to be like a stud of some sort. I sent some pictures to southbend to see if they can figure it out. I would pull it myself but it is not Luke pulling a th-350 out lol. Thanks guys.

It's a diaphram pp. I sent southbend some pics just waiting to hear back from them.

Well I pulled the tranny today and everything seemed to be there. I sent southbend clutch a pic of the piece and they knew nothing about it. Like I said the tranny shifts good and there are no noises coming from the tranny so it going back in. I still like the clutch alot so we go from here.