Clutch? Hmmm...

Goes_Fast

Hi, I am running a south bend DD 3250 in my NV4500. I upgraded to the south bend hydraulics about 5 years ago, but recently installed the clutch in August. It has always went into gear harder than what my old Valair single disk did which I expected. It also grinds going into reverse unless you put into any other gear first. But, it is now to the point where the clutch will not chatter until your clutch is depressed about 3/4 of the way in and you have to force it into 2nd (sometimes the truck will jump forward, sometimes it won't), and it shifts decently harder now. Also if it is in gear and rolling (backwards/forwards depending on the hill) with the clutch fully disengaged it will roll at a slower pace than if it is in neutral. Soo my question is are my Hydraulics going bad? or is my clutch going out?

Did you try adjusting the hydraulics? Check the fluid level and you can probably adjust it at the pedal.

How do I going about adjusting it? or does it sounds like an adjusting problem?

I would guess it needs to be adjusted to your recent new clutch install. Did you install the upgraded hydro's? I can't remember exactly, but you should be able to disconnect the rod from the clutch pedal in the cab and turn it in or out.

I would guess it needs to be adjusted to your recent new clutch install. Did you install the upgraded hydro's? I can't remember exactly, but you should be able to disconnect the rod from the clutch pedal in the cab and turn it in or out.

If he has the adjustable ones. Shouldn't have to remove anything just loosen the lock nut and spin the shaft then re tighten nut...

If he has the adjustable ones. Shouldn't have to remove anything just loosen the lock nut and spin the shaft then re tighten nut...

I didn't know South Bend sold non-adjustable ones.

OP, there you go. I would try adjusting it.

Back