clutch master and slave

seriousdiesel

Just finishing up a 2002 ford with a 12v and nv5600. Truck has a 3600 dual disk from south bend clutch. I used the 2002 ford clutch master cyl and the dodge slave from a 96 both new. I used dodge line to connect the two pieces. I am having a rough time getting the clutch to disengage. If i pump the clutch pedal 10 times or so it disengages but is very close to the floor. If the truck sets a while the clutch hyd seem to loose prime and must be pumped up again. What hydraulic combination have you all used when installing a nv 5600 in a ford that will disengage a twin disk???

you should be ok with that set-up, may want to try taking the cap off of the master and then pump the living shiznit out of it. The ford master cylinders can be tough to bleed sometimes and I have found this method to work well.

Already did that. I think I'm going to try a later model dodge slave. If I'm not mistaken they are smaller. The clutch pushes really easy so I'm pretty sure it would be fine with a smaller slave.

Just for everyones info at a later date, the slave out of a 2001 worked well and disengages the clutch fully the 94-97 slave would not. were running and on the road, Ill post up some pics soon.

Sounds like you have air in the system ,how did you bleed the system?

Back