Clutch pac clearences 47re??

DieselP

What are you guys running clutch pac clearances at? forward, direct, o/d brake, iv read all over and people are building them but not mentioning the clearances they run at?? Im running the red eagle power pac kits in all if that matters with a constant pressure vb

FWIW, there's an ATS rebuild document (PDF) on the internet somewhere that has them listed.

BPonci has also listed his in a thread sometime around 2011 when I was rebuilding my first one too...

As per the ATSG manual, direct clutch clearance between the snap ring and backing plate should be between 0.0981" - 0.161"
and
forward clutch clearance is 0.025" - 0.036"

Thanks guys, ive seen the ats pdf was just curious if you ran them different in a race truck per say. I recently pulled mine apart due to broke intermediate and twisted splines on input and didn't know if my clearences could cause this. didn't think I had enough power to do this.

As per the ATSG manual, direct clutch clearance between the snap ring and backing plate should be between 0.0981" - 0.161"
and
forward clutch clearance is 0.025" - 0.036"

Sure that's not supposed to be .068 ATSG suggested direct minimum clearance?

.025-.035 in forward
.055-.070 in direct with a flat snap ring
.090-.110 in OD brake

This, though I have been known to allow up to .080 on the Direct if I'm stacking a 6 disc. Always get rid of that friggin waved reaction ring and switch to a flat selective on the direct though. I also like to stay on the high side of the forward with a minimum of .028, extremely happy with .032 most times using the thinnest selective ring.

:Cheer:

Back