Clutch Slip?

sootfoot

IH Nut
06 Cummins with 6spd trans

Mods are: Banks Hi Ram Intake, Removed Cat, Banks Monster Exhaust, Removed Silencer Ring, Superchips tuner.

Problem: Occasionally when the tuner is on the high performance mode, upon acceleration in 5th and 6th gears (occasionally 4th) it feels as though the clutch is slipping. RPM's rise, audibly and visibly, but speed does not. This is only in hi-po mode, in tow mode it performs flawlessly, and I have towed without a problem from the clutch. Its just a slight concern of mine as the truck runs great otherwise and its not a regular thing.

If possible it seems to do it less with shell diesel than sunoco? Or is that a figment of my imagination?

Also the clutch pedal is hard to push in occasionally?

^^^I take your word for it, but wouldn't it do it all the time, especially when pulling?

What kind of clutch is recomended? I have looked into it before but not sure which is the way to go.

High power includes high torque. My Stock clutch slips on full power level, but not any other ones.

Brand Search: Valair or South Bend.

Clutch type just depends on what you use the truck for...

Pulling on the farm and hauling cattle, hauling the race car around, DD to and from work, and some smoke fun on the street.

No racing and no sled pulling

Thanks for the info man

I know its not really, as it doesn't do anything really, but it depends on who ya talk to, some say it is and some say its not

Sounds like you need a new clutch. I run a Valair dual disk in mine and love it. Call an talk to Dan, he will get you hooked up... literally.

Sounds like you need a new clutch. I run a Valair dual disk in mine and love it. Call an talk to Dan, he will get you hooked up... literally.

best advise on this thread..

very reasonable prices, and a kick ass product.. my old 12v had one of his single disks that handled anything i threw at it, over 500 rwhp too

Rick

1400+ for a clutch is insane, especially for a mostly stock truck!

Gotta pay to play I guess, its gonna blow to pieces before I replace a damn thing

1400+ for a clutch is insane, especially for a mostly stock truck!

Gotta pay to play I guess, its gonna blow to pieces before I replace a damn thing

CALL DAN! He just might make you a deal... You think 1400 is bad, you should have bought one a couple years ago, try 2500-3000 for the same damn thing.

If you are not going to do any more then you stated with the truck, you can get a single disk like I did. I have the South Bend Con Ofe clutch. It holds the Smarty Jr 100 HP tune just fine and is quiet and you can tow with it. Valair also makes their version of this clutch and I have not heard any complaints about it. Call and talk to both places then shop around once you decide on which clutch style is right for you.

Thanks for the advice guys, only thing more this truck will see is a MBRP 5" turbo back straight, and possibly eventually an edge juice.

I'll def shop around and thanks again for the advice

If your that much of a tight wad just buy a mo-ped lol

its olnly gonna get worse if you run any higher then tow. when your clutch craps on you it will be at the worst time

any clutch kit with flywheel worth a crap will cost over a grand for that truck...
enjoy!!! 1400 for a dd is really pretty cheap.

Valair Single disc ceramatalic with hydros and solId mass flywheel will run $975 shipped. Holds 600hp and is damn grabby. It's iether on or off. No slipping. That's what I run and I love it so far. Had them in many trucks.

one million lemmings cannot all be wrong right??

dude, just loosen up some cash, consider it an investment, and enjoy your truck...

why do you sell yourself short?

u want crap, get a centerforce, you want cheap, get another stocker.. you want damn good quality..

get a valair!

Back