clutch

ChaseN

Jobless/Truckless
on one of my 05 6spd's, when loaded with any trailer it slips like hell.

now with a smarty on it on level 3 all the time, it slips even worse.

what is the cheapest PRICED clutch for it? i need it to be able to handle our 40' GN cattle trailers or 44' flatbeds loaded with smarty still on.

any ideas?

on one of my 05 6spd's, when loaded with any trailer it slips like hell.

now with a smarty on it on level 3 all the time, it slips even worse.

what is the cheapest PRICED clutch for it? i need it to be able to handle our 40' GN cattle trailers or 44' flatbeds loaded with smarty still on.

any ideas?

You need to think long term and labor costs.. if you get an OEM clutch, and have to pull it again in 40,000 miles and spend $600 on labor + another clutch what good is it? this is assuming you have someone do the install.

Spend the few extra $ and get a SBC or an upgraded perfection clutch, or something. expecially if you wanna keep the smarty on.

One example, my stocker was done at 45 and it never really towed a damn thing in it's life. Just at the 125-ish over stock HP level. couldn't keep it from slipping on a launch and smoked it a few times.

Got an SBC ConFE, and 70,000 miles later, and 50hp and 166foot pounds over the clutch rating later, it holds just fine so far.

Valair is going to be the cheaper than SBC but get the OFE much less grabby than the FE, and how much HP is it putting down?

The 3250 DD from SBC is only like $150 more than the Con FE right now when I checked. Get that and it should be the last clutch you put in it.

sorry i guess i should have said i have the 3850 with the hydro upgrade i beleve it came to 2200 but i installed it my self

The 3250 DD from SBC is only like $150 more than the Con FE right now when I checked. Get that and it should be the last clutch you put in it.

That is bad ass.. I'm on the verged of over powering the FE when I change out the turbo and/or pump. I'm thinking it's going to be $1800 clutch + labor, however i'm out of date with my SBC prices. At that point, de-tune, save for a year and go auto.. but I might go for a clutch again and give it a shot if parts are around 1K. Then goto an auto conversion after that.

Back