Clutch

CUMMINSPOWER95

Hey guys,

I was talking to a shop about some clutches, I am thinking about buying the south bend 3850 12cb. The guy I was talking to said that the clutch would break because I am not making enough horsepower for the clutch. Is that true?

I am currently running a 62, 370 injectors, all the free mods for the pump 3000 gsk.

I am going to be sled pulling with the truck, and how are schedual works out I think there is a pull almost every weekend this summer. So I want too buy the right clutch the first time, and want to know if that bit of information I recived is true or the guy is full of it?

Thanks guys.

That is alot of clutch for your power level, but you are not going to break it from being under-powered.

Yea whoever you talked to has no clue what he is talking about. You could stick that clutch in a bone stock truck and be fine. I have never heard of breaking a clutch from being under-powered. That clutch will be just fine for you truck.

no joke

who was that guy? anyways, if you reconsider, call dan and the boys at valair.. YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED

Rick

you wont break it, you might just have premature clutch wear. i have broke the fingers on my pressure plate on my 3850 because i push it in to much. (that changed after i put a new one in)

Back