code 0700 or 700 whats it mean

bonesmx2000

supportn the single moms
buddy of mine pulled his dmas last night its an lb7 everything went good till today he said it keeps throwing a 700 code and in 2 n 3 gear it just revs up alot and doesnt really go anywhere 4th abd 5th are fine if someone could let me know what a 0700 or 700 code is i would appreciate it thanks jeremy snow

you limped the tranny.

p0700 is a mill light general tranny code when something goes wrong.

need to either back off the power or get a built tranny

A 700 code is the trans control system. By the sounds of it I think he burnt a cluch pack. I've thrown that code before. I had my trans rebuilt and the guy that rebuilt it said that I burnt every pack it the trans(he said that it was the worst he's ever seen). If it is still stock it is most likely hurt. Might want to look into a rebuild.

you need to find the exact code stored in the TCM before trying to diagnose this. Just because the trans limped and threw a check engine light doesnt mean you burned something up. For all we know you could have a wire thats loose or something. Assume nothing. ;)

ben

thanks much for the help guys i do know he can erase the code and it comes right back but like stated above i will assume nothing thanks again

P0700 means that there is code in the TCM.
He needs to find a code reader that will read the TCM.