Codes....help.

JFlagg

Gun for Hire
I have 1388 and 1389 popping up and I don't know where my list of codes went, anyone know which ones these are? Truck feels like its having a miss under throttle, fuel related maybe?

P1388
Auto Shutdown (ASD) Relay Control Circuit

P1389
No Auto Shutdown (ASD) Relay Output Voltage At PCM

Check out the Auto Shutdown Relay, specifically I'd check it for function and check the supply voltage to it.

And check the stickys, the P code list should be up there.

Yeah, it dropped a P1693 with it. I called the dealer about those codes and they said no possible way on my truck, those are gas motor codes? Also, seems like the TPS is going out...Accel. pedal working intermitenly and can't accelerate 'cept when it wants too....Hopefully its not, they aren't cheap. Hopefully I can find someone in STL with a Smarty so I can check for other codes...if not I'll give Autozone a try. Was told they have a OBD 2 scanner they can check for free with...If it is the TPS, anyone got a line on one cheap?

OK, got the 1388 and 89 codes taken care of. Then a 0211 popped up showing low TPS voltage, so I corrected that and no cade anymore, NOW I have 1698 popping up! Any idea what that one is? This is starting get frustrating.

Sorry, I should have Googled some more 1698 is "no BUS connection to PCM" Guess that happened when I forgot to plug the harness back in to the PCM the first time I turned the key on...Thats my take on it anyway.