Cold engine driveability issue

Symon623

Cummins Newb
I usually let the truck warm up for a few minutes (10) before I drive it away, I say usually but there have been occasions where I'm late to work and don't let it warm up but am real gentle til I see the temp gauge move up off the 140° mark. Recently on a trip I started and drove it so as not to irritate the other people in the campground, well I noticed it has no power until it gets over say 120° (Before the temp gauge moved). once it warmed up it ran great all day on the way home from camping. Now I don't let it warm up on purpose to see if the Edge gauges will tell me anything, I checked codes and am getting a 0216 (Fuel timing), and 0237 (MAP sensor voltage too low). I assumed this is from the edge. No check engine light.

What I'm gettin is it revs slowly and falls flat, (aboiut 1500 RPM Max.) Fuel pressure not below 12, boost not above 5, EGT around 550°. it will downshift trying to gain more rpm with no luck. Isit a few minutes to let it warm up a bit and it runs completely normal. I'm thinkin its a temp related issue, I've changed the coolant temp sensor and the IAT sensor, I also put a 180° t-stat in it while I was at it. still have the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

OK so this morning was the coldest morning all week and it drove great... still have the codes though?:bang

the 0216 is a bad injector pump death code!! its more than likely your problem

Cold fuel that is a bit thicker than normal and a wonky VP can cause some weird stuff to happen. The 0216 code is bad news though, usually means the VP is on it's way to the graveyard :(

I borrowed a friends code scanner and read the codes and sure enough, 0237 and 0216, cleared them out and no more codes and they dodn't come back this morning after my ride to work. :rockwoot:

I think the 0237 MAP Low E code came from when I installed the Edge and I ran the engine to clear out the chips from teh EGT drill and tap and the MAP wasn't hooked up??????

Hopefully good to go now.

Usually once a pump throws that code it's only a matter of time until it finally dies. I wish you the best of luck though.

Usually once a pump throws that code it's only a matter of time until it finally dies. I wish you the best of luck though.

Oops, I forgot to post that I swapped out the IP saturday along with the install of a new Raptor LP.

Erased the codes after that.