Cold Natured 6.0....

BROCK401

I have an 03 F250, On start up if my truck gets below 60 degrees engine temp it runs horribly rough, pours white smoke and runs bout 500rpm.... It is also slow about warming up.... When this happens, the truck wont move until it reaches about 100 degrees.... I have an Edge platinum tuner on it running stage 5 but dont use all of the power.... It has also been straight piped before i bought it.... 4" pipe all the way.... Any suggestions or advice would be helpful.....

Thanks

I noticed the same thing on my 2007 recently, but the only change on the truck since the summer was a EGR block off. The truck runs rough till 120 degrees then runs like a champ

I noticed the same thing on my 2007 recently, but the only change on the truck since the summer was a EGR block off. The truck runs rough till 120 degrees then runs like a champ

SAME HERE BUT HAVNT DELETED THE EGR

definitely put it back to stock and check it out, but I agree on probably injectors, and the problem will more than likely remain when returned to stock.

Mine was the same before it got 6 new injectors. Would be down on power and run rough till around 130° oil temp. This was even on 70+ degree mornings, truck ran great once it warmed up though and always had all the power, was just the innitial start and warmup. Glad I got it fixed before it started getting really cold out, truck cranks a little long but fires up nice and crisp now.

K Does a product called Rev-x help clean injectors? I think ive heard of using that....

seems like theye all do that. under 40 degrees. block heater overnite helps alot. i think it's just the nature of the beast.

If you're runnin 15w40 motor oil change it! Always run lighter oil in a 6.0 and you'll save your injectors

Did that in mine and spool valves got worse......
It is still important to make sure that you are within the temperature range for your oil.. like running light oil in really hot weather, etc.