Cold side boost tubes & boots

LittleWhite97

Installed DPS 62/480 recently and haveing trouble keeping boost tube and clamps on cold side of intercooler. Does anyone know where I can get aftermarket silicon boost boots and clamps or have any tricks to keep them from blowing off. I've busted two clamps trying to get them tighter and have called DPS, they don't offer any aftermarket boots. Thanks for any info.

a little hair spray on the pipe will help, make sure your using T clamps aswell

I tried some 3m super adhesive and broke two t stye clamps. The 3m held the longest. I'll try the hair spray trick but I think the only thing left to do is aftermarket boots, maybe.

Racepartssolutions.com has the boots and clamps. I would recommend you clean the connections with a good degreaser before installing the new ones.

I'll never use boots again. V-band everything and use stainless braided flexjoints on each side on I/C. One dented hood and several torn up pipes, not to mention hours of cussing those boots.

I'd say just clean the connections REALLY good as well, I'm running 75-80 psi with all my stock boots except the one coming off the secondary compressor, maybe I'm just lucky..

I'll never use boots again. V-band everything and use stainless braided flexjoints on each side on I/C. One dented hood and several torn up pipes, not to mention hours of cussing those boots.

Where did you get all the v-band clamp mods from? That sounds alot better. I got v-band clamps form secondery to primary and wish I had them all over!!

I'd say just clean the connections REALLY good as well, I'm running 75-80 psi with all my stock boots except the one coming off the secondary compressor, maybe I'm just lucky..

I was running 80 psi on my 12v with half the boots still being stock, no problems there. My dually was pushing past 100 psi on the BD boots. Only had one slip off, and the clamp was loose, hardly fault the clamps/boots. No hair spray or adhesive.

I used to have this same problem, hair spray didn't work at all for me. I welded a bead on the cold pipe and it holds perfect now
CompD Mobile Device

Was flipping through the jegs catolog and seen some silicone boots and clamps from them for a dodge. Has anyone tried there's?