Cold Strat Issues

dieselgas-03

Equipment repair tech
OK I HAVE A 03 WITH A 6.0 AND I AM ALOMOST POSTIVE THAT THE GLOW PLUGS ARENT COMING ON AND WONDERING IF ANY ONW KNOWS HOW TO TEST THE SYTEM OR WHERE TO LOOK TO SEE IF THEY ARE OR ARENT WORKING IT STARTS REALLY BAD IN THE MORNINGS AFTER IT HAS SAT FOR LIKE 6 HOURS OR MORE BUT AFTER A FEW MINUTES OF RUNNIG IT RUNS FIN LIKE IT WAS GLOW PLUGED OR THE FUEL HEATER ISNT WORKING IF ANY ONE HAS A MANUEL THAT WILL TELL ME HOW TO TEST THE SYTEM PLEASE LET ME KNOW OR IF YOU KNOW HOW TO DOIT PLEASE GIVE ME A QUICK RUN DOWN ON IT THANKS A LOT

my truck does the exact same thing. i will be keeping an eye on this thread. it won't even start in the morning unless it plugged in over night. it gets really cold here though. it's been 10 below zero the last few nights.

Move south, LOL. Just kidding. Actually if you have an SCT there is a cold start value that can be added to your files that reduces the fuel at start up. Also there is a flash out from ford that is supposed to "fix" the lazy injector issue. My truck has finally gotten over the cold start stuff, without the flash from ford, but then again my definition of cold is anything below 50.

Dalpilot said:
Move south, LOL. Just kidding. Actually if you have an SCT there is a cold start value that can be added to your files that reduces the fuel at start up. Also there is a flash out from ford that is supposed to "fix" the lazy injector issue. My truck has finally gotten over the cold start stuff, without the flash from ford, but then again my definition of cold is anything below 50.

I have an SCT but it doesn't matter if it's loaded or not. Still does it with stock programming. also i had the purge flash done a few months ago and it didn't help. it is at the dealer now hopefully they can figure it out. i had to take it there tonight so it can sit there overnight and get cold so they can try to start it in the morning.

WHEN MINE WON"T STRAT I JUST SPRAY IT WITH EITHER UNTIL IT DOES

newbs...

yeah mine wont start in the morning if its real cold the night before either... i crank it until the battery dies and i have to let it sit with a jump on it for like 20 mins and it will finally start....

Go to your dealer and tell them you have "Lazy" injectors. Thats your problem. Let me guess it runs like its missing a few cylinders until its warm, then its fine?

Dalpilot said:
Go to your dealer and tell them you have "Lazy" injectors. Thats your problem. Let me guess it runs like its missing a few cylinders until its warm, then its fine?

exactly i've tried to tell them but they don't seem to be listening. that is exactly what it does though

Frans96ss said:
yeah mine wont start in the morning if its real cold the night before either... i crank it until the battery dies and i have to let it sit with a jump on it for like 20 mins and it will finally start....

Same here.

Time to find a new dealer. It will not get better until they change the injectors. Plugging it in will help, but you have atleast one "lazy" injector. There is a TSB, I'll try to find it.

Dalpilot said:
Time to find a new dealer. It will not get better until they change the injectors. Plugging it in will help, but you have atleast one "lazy" injector. There is a TSB, I'll try to find it.

that would be great. i just picked it up from the dealer today and they didn't figure anything out. my next closest one is an hour away. i might have to take it there.

Who all is running an SCT? Try putting it back to stock first and see if it cranks. Trust me, it worked for me and all the same symptoms.