cold weather blues!

kasey200

4 days ago it was about 40 degrees out so when I filled up I didn't thing anything of it and filled my truck with straight #2. Well since that day it has been consistently below 0 (yesterday's high was -3 and currently it is -15).

Yesterday on my way to class my truck started to wax and would only go about 20 mph. I put in the recomended dose of power service 911. Yesterday afternoon i drove around for about an hour to make sure the 911 worked into the system (never being able to go over 35-40mph). Now it sit's in my driveway and won't start. It was plugged in over night too! First attempt it started and barely idled for almost a minute and then shut off. Now it does nothing except crank.

What is my next step? remove the fuel filters?????? warm them up????

When I lived in Indianapolis I saw a guy put charcoal, like the kind you cook with, underneath his fuel tank to warm up his fuel. He just waited until the fire died out and slid it up under their and wrapped a tarp around the bottom of his truck. Don't know if that's a good idea or not seeing as how warming the fuel could cause condensation to form in the tank, but I know it worked for him.
Ryan

Electric blanket wrapped around the tank will warm the fuel a lot safer than the charcoal.

I would have it towed to a heated garage. Then move to Florida. It was 63 this morning. BRRRR.

Well I got it running. Ended up heating the HFCM and the lines with a heat gun, pulling the fuel filters and filling them with Powerservice. Once I got it running I went straight to the truck stop and topped it off with #1(about 1/4 tank).

Back