Colt regrind

heavyd1980

Alright guys don't shoot me for starting this thread I have used the search feature and have found a lot of threads about cams but not much on a regrind. So I am starting this thread to see if anyone is running a reground Colt, I have also tried searching the net to find some reviews on this but no luck. I have called and talked with Geoff and he sounds very knowledgable just trying to make sure I do enough homework. I'm wanting to go with the big stick grind with my ppump setup and fresh engine! Thank you for the help!

If your not just dead set on colt, give zach hamilton a call. Ive talked to hime and he knows his stuff and once he knows your setup he knows exsactly what cam will work best.

If Geoff sells a regrind cam then it will work just fine. Zack also makes amazing stuff. You can't go wrong with either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I did a little math when i was doing my swap. By the time i sent my cam to colt and back plus have it drilled and tapped it wasnt much more for the hamilton and i can still sell the old as a core

According to the dyno sheets that are out the new hammilton 188/208 that replaced the big stick it makes power earlier and lower egts

Last edited:
I think your opinions are pretty short sighted. I think you should see our research facility before you make up your mind who taught me. ;)

As far as regrinds, we do not do any. However, I would buy a regrind from Colt before I would from any body else. He takes time to make sure that the base-circle is as large as possible. A lot of regrinders have a lot of issues.

Last edited:
I have been running a colt stg 3 regrind for a few years now. I have pulled out 2-3 times over that period for p-pump swaps back and forth to a vp44. It looks just as good as the time before, just a lil more broken each time. I run the recommended zddp zinc additive with every oil change. I am very pleased with my colt cam.

I apprecaite all of the info I am rebuilding my engine along with doing a ppump swap and Im trying to save a little coin but at the same time dont want to use any parts that will cause any problems later down the road! So really just curious whos out there running a regrind Colt?!? Thank you for all of the input and help!

Thank you 00 black ram!!

I know a few guys that run them. Its a shame that they usually went to colt to save money after running a cam from a junk builder and kissed there pistons.

When i was researching cam opinions it became clear pretty fast that Colt and Hamilton are the best guys to deal with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2