common rail conversion, fueling issues

ford_stang_00

we got our IH 706 common rail conversion complete, all the wiring was a breeze and seemed to work well, got the tractor running seemed to run ok driving it around the barnyard. we hooked it at a tractor pull yesterday and it seemed like it was in a "limp mode" we do not have a tach hooked up yet and dont know what we were running for rpms going down the track but it didnt seem to be turning much more than 2000 rpms with not much smoke, everthing is stock except for a PPE lift pump and a Smarty tuner. It is setting 8 codes P0480- fan clutch, P0243- wastgate pressure control, P0483- fan speed, P2769-TCC low voltage, P0973-Overdrive low voltage, P0462-fuel level sensor, P0628 lift pump low voltage, P1652-J1850 shorted to ground. i have access to ALLDATA (somedata) but does anybody have any ideas on why this engine would defuel, or not allow RPMs to go above 2000, or which of these codes i should be focusing on? any help appreciated. the engine is from a wrecked 05 2wd 3500 auto. :poke:

pics

here are some pics of the tractor.

Attachments

• 706 020.jpg
    706 020.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 706 021.jpg
    706 021.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 97
Pretty sure you need to have the PCM reflashed for a manual trans truck. Missing data from the trans may be the reason for the defuel.

sweet ride, shoot me the vin number and details and I will get you a recovery software

That tractor bring back memories we had 806/856, I was on top of the world with that 5 Bottom plow, Thanks for the Picture,at any rate if the Recovery does not work contact us for a stand alone.

The P1652 comes up on mine ONLY when i check codes with the Smarty. If i use any other scanner it does not. I have the same codes on mine less the trans codes, but Bob reflashed my ECM to a manual.

Recovery and tntr shipping today.

edit...

hey man helmet required after tune up :Cheer:

QUOTE=99Binder;844535]lol good i got a sweet one that would make Evil Knevel jealous.[/QUOTE]

:clap: this should turn into a fun sled puller

anybody have any ideas on what are the best ways to wire in a tach, oil pressure, water temp, rail pressure. etc? i havent even looked at a schematic yet to see how to wire into the factory harness for certian signals that i might need (if at all possible) just looking for tips. what are some of you guys using as far as mechanical or electrical gauges?

Since its a tractor just use some aftermarket gauges. Mechanical water temp and oil pressure and for a tach get a Autometer 5" diesel tach and mount a 4pulse tone ring to the balancer and mount the pickup to pickup off the tone ring. You can even weld 4 small tabs to the balancer just as long as you have 4 pulses it will read right.

Back