Complete grid heater delete question

Gibson

There's no love in diesel
I've done the full delete already

What ohm resistor is needed to keep CEL off from the solenoid?

I've done the full delete already

What ohm resistor is needed to keep CEL off from the solenoid?

my truck doesnt show a check light, it does register a code in the system but no light. Also it has to be less than a certain temp for it to even want to cycle.

Just don't wait for the "wait to start light" to go out. Turn the key on and start it just like a gasser. At least that works on mine. Without the grid, there's nothing to wait for anyway.

Paul

I never wait and never have. The squiggly light dnt light up iether but I still throw a CEL.

maybe after a few starts it will go away. Mine never popped a cel so idk. I guess if it keeps doing it and you don't like it, you could put the grid heater back on. I did a before and after dyno and saw no gains. Well nothing worth 40 bucks. Maybe 1 hp

I never wait and never have. The squiggly light dnt light up iether but I still throw a CEL.

Do you still have the solenoids hooked up? If not then that is probably why you are setting the CEL. You could measure the resistance in the solenoids and determine what size resistor. Which code are you setting?

Paul

Yes solenoid is removed. Dnt know code number but it's heater circuit low. Ohms of solonoid is 17ohms. I'll see if that helps

Back