Compound turbo build and other updates

A little over a year. Its seen about 85 psi max. The whole end tank is pulled away from the tubes on the bottom, either its just plain ballooned out from boost or the IC pipe is putting undue stress on it somehow.

ypyqy3ez.jpg
8azumu2a.jpg

Sent from phone

wonder if its worth routing the breather up above the air filter and let it drip oil on that. it sucks the filter oil out pretty fast with so much vacuum on it.
obviously If you routed it into the intake like a PCV it could run away on you.
right now my breather is like rust protection on the underside of the truck its everywhere. Maybe run this damn thing into the front boxed frame rails to coat the insides and keep the rust down in there.

Last edited:
wonder if its worth routing the breather up above the air filter and let it drip oil on that. it sucks the filter oil out pretty fast with so much vacuum on it.
obviously If you routed it into the intake like a PCV it could run away on you.
right now my breather is like rust protection on the underside of the truck its everywhere. Maybe run this damn thing into the front boxed frame rails to coat the insides and keep the rust down in there.

Mine is 90 degree'd at the exit of the stock location and extended just past the lower control arm on the drivers side. It's kept everything clean for years, but when its hot out the vapor will sometimes come up in the drivers side window.

I ran both tappet breathers into a catch can with a filter on it. Works ok. Still plenty of other leaks keeping the underside well oiled LOL.

Sent from phone

erytura4.jpg
7ube9ada.jpg

Well it's blown apart on the passenger side too, looks like the end plate wasn't welded on very good and it ballooned. Gonna try to patch it up for now I guess.

Sent from phone

Also noticed a lot of oil in the ic pipes and stuff. Could this be from turbos over speeding from the big boost leak or something?

Sent from phone

Possible for them to leak past the seals. They are like piston rings really for a seal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the tappet cover breathers are a fail, gonna plug them off and put 2 of these on.
6ypu2e3u.jpg

Sent from phone

umebe9a7.jpg

New intercooler from on3 performance, looks decent for only $620! Maybe this thing will run better with the massive boost leak fixed lol.

erytura4.jpg
7ube9ada.jpg

Well it's blown apart on the passenger side too, looks like the end plate wasn't welded on very good and it ballooned. Gonna try to patch it up for now I guess.

Sent from phone

exact same thing happened to my bd intercooler. not to pleased with them obviously. its out of warranty, needless to say I won't be getting another one. your new cooler looks nice.

Back