Compound turbo build and other updates

Yeah, I agree two stages would be ideal. Been kinda following Mike's threads as well. Not really wanting to mess with W/A right now I guess. I wonder how hot it actually heats up after the secondary if the primary air is cooled? I read somewhere WOP tried the A/A after both stages like normal and switched to just A/A between stages with better results.

I like the setup they had quite a bit, however I would have modified the intercooler so that inlet and outlet were on the same side to minimize volume and restrictions

I like the setup they had quite a bit, however I would have modified the intercooler so that inlet and outlet were on the same side to minimize volume and restrictions

I would love to do interstage a/a cooling only, I just have not seen any concrete data supporting it. I would try both if it were not so cost prohibitive to do two different intercooler setups

195eaf1bcebf6db90adfdaa63ed87eef.jpg

Sent from phone

Not going To lie pretty jealous right now..... How about some pictures of the hot pipe?

e22ed5d967b814794447f26296800510.jpg
0ccfe7a64d4e49a30f29af14d38fe290.jpg
b218edf1d7961bb590e028b0ac8814b8.jpg

Still a ton left to do. I think I'll try dumping the gate into the hotpipe again and if it doesn't work I'll dump it to atmosphere. This stupid straight flange manifold kinda makes everything a pain.

Sent from phone

Did you run the primary through the oem intercooler and then secondary to intake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Kinda an experiment lol.

Sent from phone

Very interested in the results. I was thinking of doing the same on my build. Should take some stress off the oem Intercooler since it will see less pressure. I was also thinking of possibly running a w/a for the secondary as well. Kind of backwards from most but it may work better and make the oem core last.

Very interested in the results. I was thinking of doing the same on my build. Should take some stress off the oem Intercooler since it will see less pressure. I was also thinking of possibly running a w/a for the secondary as well. Kind of backwards from most but it may work better and make the oem core last.

I forgot to mention it's actually an on3 performance Cooler, but yeah I like that it'll have less strain on it and there's only one high pressure boot.

Sent from phone

Well, something doesn't seem quite right. making over 100 psi overall boost? Never went WOT either. Drive pressure seemed way lower, wasn't paying much attention to interstage boost. Hmmmm

Oh and if anyones wondering the manifold charger is 63/68/.91 and the primaries are 66/73/.91's.

Back