Compound turbo build and other updates

Yikes! How did power and response feel? Maybe a faulty gauge? Did gate open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. That's a ton of primary. 2-80 lb/min turbos, I wonder how much flow you loose in a setup like this..
How's spool time and driveability?

Spool sucked off the bottom, hoping it's the the gate or something. I did swap the secondary exhaust housing from the .83 to .91 housing but I didn't think it'd kill spool that much. Once lit though it hit 100 pretty quick lol. Just not sure where all the boost came from, was only making like 75 with twins.

Sent from phone

secondary may be working really hard and multiplying primary boost 3x+. What are interstage numbers? drive pressures?

So primaries are bigger than the secondary? Thats pretty awesome. I'd imagine the secondary is just working really hard. If those 2 66's are making even 40psi between them, which I'm sure they are, then then the 63 should have no problem pushing total boost over 100. IIRC, you're running quite a bit of fuel right?

That's a **** load of turbine for the primaries plus those are clipped TW from BW. Those two probably flow more than some big s500 or gt55 I bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The gate wasn't opening LOL Switched up the reference lines and tweaked the regulator some and got overall boost around 75. About 25 psi interstage, drive pressure lower than boost for the most part, I ran it out to almost 4k rpms and it was still about 1:1. The .91 housing swap must have really dinged spool or there's a drive/boost leak somewhere. Making 20 psi at like 1900 rpms. The primaries take a bit to come up on boost lol. Also they surge bad lifting off the throttle and under locked shifts sometimes. Runs strong though:D

That is a lot of primary, I'd expect them to be a little slow. It's probably the 63 surging LOL

Try running more boost if you're still under 1:1! Drive those primaries harder.

My 63/88 twins never surged either. I can deal with backing off slower, the surging when shifting sucks tho. Could be that I just need to shift later. With the twins I could shift early and never snuff it, it just loaded up and took off lol.

My singles always surged on lockup if they were making less than 30ish psi, so I just picked a set mph to lockup at, so I'd know it'd never drop to less than xxxx rpm.

Last edited:
Almost seems like drive pressure to the secondary is too low at low boost. 10 psi boost, 5 drive. 20 psi boost, 12 drive. Won't spool worth a crap and runs 1200* cruising.

Sent from phone

Swap the 0.83 housing back on and try that maybe? Gate isn't leaking is it? Same secondary as before with the twins and you ran the 083 housing last time.

Back