compounds from the canadians

Redneck6.0L

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

I've had several private messages about compound turbo's, how i fit them in there, here's a truck we put twins on a while ago, He dropped it off, we put on a fuel system and other stuff, this truck has a 62/70 with a S400, it has 225cc injectors, fass fuel pump, studs,regulated return, here are some pics, i'm back to work tomorrow, next week when i'm off and roll it out of the garage, we'll take some video of the turbo's spooling, if you guys have any other request please ask, it makes between 55-60 psi boost,

At 60 pounds, are you having any valve train issues. I have heard 60 lbs of boost, and the valves will start floating.

Also, what backpressure are you seeing at 60 lbs?

At 60 pounds, are you having any valve train issues. I have heard 60 lbs of boost, and the valves will start floating.

Also, what backpressure are you seeing at 60 lbs?

I've ran over 60psi in my truck lots and haven't noticed any valvetrain issues. We've never checked the backpressure on this setup yet. It should be better than mine though as this one is only a 74mm S400.
Tyler

we'll check back pressure next week, i've seen 90 psi on the spray and as long as i keep it under "X" rpm the valves don't float

Who needs a wastegate when you can hang valves open? (Poor man's wastegate)
Pretty sure that stock valve springs are only set at about 70 lbs seat pressure...and that does not give them much room from coil bind if they are shimmed.

I haven't dropped one yet. I'll keep my fingers crossed now. With the waste gates set up I see 60 psi on fuel and 70 on spray in my truck. I'm not sure what to say. Doug might have some numbers for us to think about. He's doin lots of head work right now. Maybe he can chime in.

Shawn, that's how I plan to mount the turbos on the Ranger, how are they mounted, just through the exhaust housings, or where are they braced?

I haven't dropped one yet. I'll keep my fingers crossed now. With the waste gates set up I see 60 psi on fuel and 70 on spray in my truck. I'm not sure what to say. Doug might have some numbers for us to think about. He's doin lots of head work right now. Maybe he can chime in.

I will have some more flow numbers for you soon. Been a little backed up getting the printer thing handled. And since we just got 2 more bays we need to get the electric ran to the machines since we moved them.

Back