Constant haze

1911 guy

Trunk Monkey
Ive recently noticed that my truck is constantly blowing a very slight but always present black haze at idle. No smoke though when driving unless of course im on it. As far as injectors they are II 90's and a 62/71 turbo. Not big at all. Im thinking something may be wrong some where in the inj system. Sometimes even in the summer the truck will have a very slightly noticeable rough idle just after cranking it up. No excessive or white colored smoke is produced during this time. The rough idle is not always constant some times it will do it other times it wont. NO hard start issues either.
Thanks.

im not a fan of the II sticks the truck always ran bad and gave random shots of smoke switched to DDP never had a problem after that

Last edited:
same here..nothing wrong with it ...just the nature of II sticks i suppose

do you have a rail pressure gauge on the tst? II injectors tend to like higher rail pressures when running.

yeah ive got the RP gauge. Think at idle im pulling 7Kpsi. I usually run RP at level 3 on the TST.

see i get a haze on mine but i know that my piston tops are slightly scorched so its not burning properly but it doesn't do it all the time either. i'm running stock injectors.

yeah burnt pistons are a concern to me as well. When i get home im pulling the head to inspect them.

what are yall doing, are yall buying all new injectors or do yall just buy the nozzles. is it reall worth the extra thousand and buy the new injector and nozzles, or however they come?

"not enoughsmoke" you just use nozzles? what kind? and has anyone had a problem with just nozzles?

Well i feel a bit better about all this. Now im not wondering if i may or may not have a cracked nozzle. So since we are on the subject of injectors Whats yalls input on the firestorm nozzles by Wicked? Pros/cons. That sort of stuff. I can already tell they are way cheaper than anyone else on the market. Plus no cores. Thanks