Constant power to OBDII

Nick24v

2004.5 truck. Upon buying an edge monitor I have noticed that I will get constant power to my OBDII intermittently. Sometimes i will shut the truck down and it just wont shut off, or when i go to stick the key in the door/open it, the monitor will power on.

Where do I start?

Last edited:
FYI: Truck started doing this when my alternator began to die. Replaced alternator and batteries and i'm still having the issue.

Not sure if it's very likely but have you opened up the column and looked at the ignition?

I have not, I was thinking it could be an issue. Maybe unplug and see if the monitor goes off?

Power from the obd2 comes from the fuse for the cig lighter

I think your gonna find its the edge. I had a insight that did the same crap on my 04.5, sold it and got gauges done.

the OBDII is supposed to have constant 12 volts. The edge has to look for the ignition on signal to turn on and off. Sounds like it is not picking that signal up.

I would try updating the firmware, I'm sure it needs it anyway

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

I had the same issue, it was my edge. I sent it back to them because i was having other issues with it as well. They sent me a new one and the issue went away.

Back