conversion throttle, TPS, TV cable question

grazmo

I know this is a dumb question but, I am swapping a p pump off of an 01 24v 6 speed to my 01 24v auto and I need some clarity on what I need to get the throttle, tv cable, tps to function. What will already be on the truck if it has the 12v linkage on it? and what will I need to make this setup work for my auto trans? What do I need on my auto that won't be on the manual trans truck. I hope this question is clear and understandable.http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/thankyou2.gif

You can buy a tps for the linkage. Or you can mod your apps to work and sell the linkage like I did.

Search for pictures of 24v apps.

I have only seen the truck once and I was in a hurry so I didn't have to much time to look at everything so I don't know what I have yet. Just trying to get my ducks in a row before I start tearing into it and find out parts are missing that I have to wait weeks to get.

Crazy carl's turbos sells a bracket mod kit that allows you to modify the 24v bellcrank and tps assembly to work on p pump and use 24v throttle and tv cable's. Pm turboluvr on here i believe that his screenname. Makes things alot easier by doing this way imo.

take the 24v tps a chop it to fix so u dont run into shifting problems with the tv cable

Ok I finally got the parts off the donor truck, as stated it was a 6 speed so it only had a throttle cable. It had a 12v bracket, I need a 12v TPS and TV cable if anyone has one they would sell. I would just modify my APPS but my VP stuff has to go back on the donor truck so I have to get the parts for the 12v bracket. Another question is there anyway to make the 24 TV cable work with the 12v bracket and linkage?

easier/better to find a VP APPS from an auto, than mickey mouse a 12v TPS from a stick.

The stock parts are readily available in the classifieds here, ebay, or from a Cummins dealer like Snedge.

obviously. just wondering you had any laying aroud, to make one order.
CompD Mobile Device

obviously. just wondering you had any laying aroud, to make one order.
CompD Mobile Device

I had about 10 bracket sets with bad apps laying around a few months ago chunked them all in the garbage. But like carl said look in classifieds ot hit up member snedge. My conversion kits working well for me.

ive been looking and sending pms. seems everyine threw them out recently

LOL
CompD Mobile Device

I did find one, a guy here in NE bought a whole motor and doesn't need the APPS linkage...SCORE!!!

And I just ordered Carls APPS kit. Hope this fixes my shifting issues!

Back