Convert 05 2500 to automatic

clynch

What all will I need to get to successfully convert my 05 2500 from the g56 to an automatic transmission? Are there any conversion kits for that? What kind of transmission should I go with? I'm not running a stock truck and I'm just tired of dealing with the release bearings with my transmission.

converting it isn't that hard the hard part is getting the trans controller tuned up right other than that you just need the trans, column, cross member, fly wheel, drive shaft and a transmission stand alone controller

I have been contemplating this for a few years now...

Now that I have my own shop it may became a reality. The reply above covers all of the parts that you need. If you go the 47RH route you won't need a controller. You can source a valvebody and controller from ATS or SunCoast if you go the 48RE route. I think there is a thread on here for PCS tune file sharing.

It has crossed my mind to make it a "manual-matic". Even to the point of keeping my M/T column and just running a custom, billet shifter where the M/T shifter is right now. But, I wouldn't have any indication of what gear I was in.

I am sure some will suggest the "dura-flight", but I would personally go with a built 47RH or 48RE using sourced parts (build myself) or buy one built from Firepunk.

Back