Convoy From Dallas to DI on Friday?

BFD99

The Stig
Who all is leaving Dallas on Friday? We are probably driving to Dallas Thursday night, and will be leaving Dallas Friday morning for DI and wanted to know if anybody wanted to follow each other?
Dex

I'm leaving Abbott between 3-5 Fri and driving to Sugarland, that is if everything goes right and it hardly ever does.

We are leaving on Friday, but dont know when yet. We might could meet up though. Let me know what route yall are taking. We are in Cameron BTW. PM me when you find out Dex.

I might just have to swing thru Cameron and smoke a stroke....oh wait the turbo might not be broke in by then so maybe I'll just have to wait till sat. LOL

If I do anything, I will dyno. I cant afford to blow my gaskets right now. I need my truck. LOL

i imagine we will be coming straight down I-45, that looks like the best route to Houston Via Mapquest.

TheBigNasty said:
I'm leaving Abbott between 3-5 Fri and driving to Sugarland, that is if everything goes right and it hardly ever does.

You ain't driving to sugarland. Your driving to richmond. Get it right.

If you can handle her then by all means good luck but I promise you you won't make it past a hand shake. LOL

BFD99 said:
i imagine we will be coming straight down I-45, that looks like the best route to Houston Via Mapquest.

I wouldnt do that if I were you unless you like sitting in traffic for an extra hour. Your best bet is to take 35 down to HWY 6 and then ride it all the way down to 290. Take 290 to 1960 and go North to DI just past Jones Rd. It will be much faster that way and you will avoid the Houston stand still traffic. You could also choose to take 249 from HWY 6 but you will get stuck in small town traffic jams.

Last edited:
alright, we will probably go your route dangrous. Thanks!

NO NO NO NO NO Anyone from this area knows that the best route to take is 287 to 45 and 45 to Beltway 8 or the Hardy toll road or both depending where you're going.

I'm still not sure when I'm leaving here. I'll send you my cell number Dex, if I can join the convoy I will.