Coolant Cap Leaking

jmanf250

Gasser Smasher
Anyone know if it is an issue more then just the cap... if my coolant resivoir cap is leaking coolant when the truck gets pushed a bit? Just a cap replacment or signs of more?

Thanks guys

It could be a number of things. If the bottle is too full it can happen. The caps have been known to get weak. A bad EGR cooler and or oil cooler can cause it. Lastly is the evil head gasket issue. Usually a head gasket will cause some serious puking.

The cap is cheap enough and not a bad place to start but I would have it tested to see what your oil temp to coolant temp differential is. I've seen some puke real bad with a clogged oil cooler.

wonderful....thanks a lot though.
should the oil temp and the coolant temp be about the same? or....

I took mine to the dealer a year ago because I had a good amount of white sh!t all over my bottle and motor, running all the way down to the suspension...I was setting myself up to have head studs put in, new gaskets, and the works, I was excited actually because they were going to do it all for me under warranty. When I got the truck back, they replaced the cap...said it was bad and I haven't had a problem since!

well that makes me feel much better.... as much as i would go ahead and have better studds etc... put on, i don't really want to do all that. All dealers BLOW when it comes to getting your truck back to you etc....

thanks man

Back