coolant filter

agamache

got my coolant filtration system installed. How long was it before your first filter plugged up

Attachments

• new 045.jpg
    new 045.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 37
got my coolant filtration system installed. How long was it before your first filter plugged up

The first filter I had on my 7.3 plugged in <500 miles. 50K miles later I change the filter every 10K, not so much because it gets plugged, but mostly for peace of mind and keeping all my filter service intervals lined up together.

recommendations were that the first one gets changed after the first 500miles, next one 1000 miles after that, next one 6 months after that, then change once a year. Or you can feel the filter and change when you think it needs it. If you feel the bottom half of the filter and it's cooler than the top half, that pretty much means that there's a bunch of crap at the bottom of it and needs to get changed.

It deppends on the truck. There were some 6L that had some nasty crap in them. Those were the trucks that would lose heater cores and also would lose heat at idle but would get heater functions back when you revved the motor. I just look at the return line to the tank to see how much its flowing and replace when there isn't a steady stream.