Coolant Leak 2006 ??

Bruno2

When I got my 2006 new I had a small coolant leak. It was coming from the pipe behind the turbo. I had the dealer fix it since it was under warranty. Now 100k later a leak has returned. I will be doing an oil change this weekend and plan to investigate it. However, I noticed something that looked strange. There is a build of crap on top of the oil filter adapter. I am pretty sure it isnt oil leaking and if it was I couldnt see it going uphill like that. I keep the engine bay pretty clean with my power washer. So this has developed recently.

Is this what happens when a head gasket gives up? My truck isnt tuned up it is a stock HO with no power upgrades.

Put some hose clamps on the flex line between the two hard coolant line. It might be coolant running down the hard line and landing on the filter housing.

Mine just started doing the same thing now that things started cooling off.

Josh

Put some hose clamps on the flex line between the two hard coolant line. It might be coolant running down the hard line and landing on the filter housing.
I think the oil filter is way uphill and at the other end of the motor from there?

Yeah, he was thinking you had the two steel heater hose/pipes above the manifold, like a 12 valve.... What is on the filter housing? Is it dry? Wet? Color? Can you post a picture? Maybe corrosion off the back of the alternator? (longshot)...

Last edited:
Yeah, I will get a pic posted. It looks like a place that has been leaking something with a lot of dirt and dust collecting on it.